|Degrees:|| Dr. habil., Full Professor|
|Date of birth:||May 15, 1948|
|Foreign languages:|| Russian, French, English |
|Phone:|| 72-70-35 |
|Fax:|| 73-80-27 |
Qualitative theory of differential equations, linear representations of classical groups in space of coefficients of polynomial differential equations, graded algebras of the invariants and comitants, Lie algebras
- Algebre Lie şi sisteme diferenţiale.
Popa M. N., Tipografia A.S.M. Universitatea de Stat din Tiraspol, Chişinău, 2008, 163 p. (Curs opţional pentru masterat).
- Metode cu algebre la sisteme diferenţiale.
Popa M. N., Editura the Flower Power, Seria Matematica Aplicata şi Industriala Nr.15, Universitatea din Piteşti, Romania, 2004, 340p. (Monografie).
- Aplicaţiile algebrelor la sisteme diferenţiale.
Popa M.N., Academia de Ştiinţe a Moldovei, Chişinău, 2001, 224p. (în limba rusă). (Monografie)
- Application of invariant processes to the study of homogeneous linear particular integrals of a differential system.
Popa M.N., Дoклады Академии Наук СССР (1991), p.834 - 839 (Russian); translation in Soviet Math. Dockl. 43 (1991), p.550 - 555.
Membership in Societies and Editorial Boards
- Mathematical Society of the Republic of Moldova.
- Romanian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Member of editorial board of the journals "Buletinul Academiei de Stiinte a Republicii Moldova. Matematica" and ROMAI.
- Award of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova for cycle of publications "Applications of algebras to differential equations" (2002).
- "Academician C. Sibirsky" Award for cycle of publications "Algebraic Methods in the Theory of Differential Equations" (2004).
Works at IMCS since January 7, 1975: superior laboratory assistant (1975-1977), junior researcher (1977-1980), Scientific Secretary of the IMCS (1980-1999), Deputy Director of the IMCS (1999-2005), Director of the IMCS (2006-2010). A PhD thesis he defended in physics and mathematics (University of Gorkii, Russia, 1979) and Dr. habil. degree (Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev, 1992). Worked as Senior Researcher (Moscow, Russia, 1985) and Associate Professor (Chisinau, Moldova, 2003). He is member of the Assembly of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, member of the Bureau of Economic and Mathematical Sciences Department and chairman of the IMCS Scientific Council. He was scientific advisor of 7 PhD doctors (1 - in present), 20 graduation and master theses. Since 1996 he held optional courses as Associate Professor at Tiraspol State University located in Chisinau. In 2001 worked as Visiting Professor for a semester at the University of Limoges (France), where held lectures and seminars for students and faculty professors.
Publications in Computer Science Journal of Moldova, Buletinul Academiei de Ştiinţe a Republicii Moldova. Matematica and Quasigroups and Related Systems